Green Engage: Sustainable Luxury
While you enjoy ultimate luxury, we are committed to sustainability every day. InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has implemented an innovative online system - Green Engage® - that allows us to reduce our carbon footprint and environmental impact. From selecting suitable construction sites, to energy-efficient lighting. Our initiatives have helped our hotels and resorts reduce their energy consumption by up to 25%. We also keep a close eye on consumption at the Amstel Hotel and we improve this wherever possible.
Green Globe Certified
Green Globe is the global certification for sustainable tourism. For the fifth time in a row, we have been awarded this global certification and now we are proud to announce that we have achieved GOLD status. Click here to view our GOLD status certificate.positively to local communities and their environment. Also for meeting planners, sustainability is becoming an increasingly important aspect when selecting the location. You can view our latest Green Globe certification here.
You can help us protect the environment. Hotels around the world wash towels daily, often unnecessary. This not only wastes a significant amount of water, but also pollutes our rivers and seas with detergents. We kindly ask you to hang your towels, should you wish to use them again. In this way we contribute to a better environment together.
InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has taken the following steps to ensure that our ways of working are 'as green as possible'
- Implementation of energy-efficient L.E.D. lights
- 100% induction equipment in the kitchen
- Energy-saving building management system, for air treatment throughout the building, named P.R.I.V.A
- Double windows
- Draft strips and draft curtains
- Environmentally-friendly televisions
- Environmentally-friendly housekeeping tools
- Energy A-label washing machines
- Towel and linen system, where guests can decide when they would like to have them replaces
- Availability of green transportation options, such as (electric) bicycles, boats, and transfers with a Tesla
- Sustainable bleaching for the pool (electrolysis)
- Durable power cabinets
- Water management: daily disinfection and control routine
- Waste is compressed where possible before collection (Waste compactors)
- Chemicals are safely stored in a separate room.
- Waste separation in different ways
- Conversion of waste into sustainable energy by ICOVA
- Reuse of office paper (double-sided printings)
- Reduction of paper use, through digitization
- Adjustable taps in rooms for taps and showers (min/max controllers)
Click here to read our Corporate Social Responsibility statement.